Tuesday, August 15, 2017

MACKEREL SKY and SAGE BLOOMS

My mom used to look at the sky and say,
"Mackerel sky,
  not 24 hours dry."
                            For those of you who are unaware, it was a        particularly fitting saying, come rain or snow, on the coast of Maine where we lived several years, So, yesterday, when I saw those "mackerel skies right after I had seen the sage blooms that here, in my adopted Texas home are said to predict rain....well, I just had to scurry around to take some pictures, The most handy camera I had in a hurry was my iPhone5s, I am not one to throw around bragging rights...just well impressed with how these pictures turned out! (I was forced to replace my iPhone 4s because it appeared the battery was swelling though I'd never mistreated it in any way, so there's the good and the bad.) 

SCENIC SAGE AND SHADOWS

I HEARD SOME BUZZING!

 ...AND SOME MORE BUZZING!

SAGE BOUQUET

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you, Friend. It is interesting that both "signs" surely knew what was coming because less that 24 hours and we had rain! A little later, we had more, and then more rain! God does speak to us through His many magnificent creations ~ all we have to do is slow down and see! Oops! Slow down? See? Really SEE? But we hurry on. seeing His gifts without contemplating all of what surrounds us!

      Delete